Busy Being an Aunt

I haven't blogged in over a week and I have a lot of catching up to do, but I have a VERY good reason. I've been thoroughly enjoying being "Aunt Riley" for the past week (since last Monday). I have gladly neglected time on the computer and set aside other things to focus on the boys. Our nephews, Jacob (11) and Isaac (9) have been staying with us since July 19th and we have been having all sorts of fun!! They live in central Arkansas, about a 5 hour drive from us, so we look forward to seeing them each time we get the chance. This is our first time to have them stay with us by themselves for this long - fun indeed.

The boys will go home on Wednesday so we are enjoying our last two days with them. John and I will really be sad to see them go back home, but we have greatly enjoyed our time with them. The house will be so different with them gone. Although it's always just the two of us, and Calvin, we've gotten used to them, their voices and their stuff being around the house. It's been great and I'm so thankful we've been able to do this. We have created wonderful memories and I think they would stay until school started if they could.

We've been keeping a list of all the things we've done and of course we've taken tons of pictures. I'm not sure how I will blog about it all and show all of the pictures. I may have to do a few different posts to break it up. I will try to work on the first one or two later this week or weekend once they are gone and we get back to our normal routines.

One of my favorite jobs is being an Aunt! We are blessed with 4 nieces and 6 nephews (ranging from 22 months to 18 years old) and we love them all so much. They have brought us and incredible amount of happiness, joy and pride. John is an amazing uncle and I love to watch him with our nieces and nephews. He is so much fun and enjoys them all. Jacob and Isaac adore him and love every moment they spend with Uncle John.
I will close for now, but I will be posting details and pictures in the coming days or weeks until we've covered it all. What a great summer treat it has been to have Jacob and Isaac here with us.

Until we meet again...
Riley

Comments

  1. Looking forward to the posts and pictures highlighting your 10 days of fun with the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Riley! You are so sweet. I love that you love being an aunt! : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment