Here are my July and August things to be happy about...
- Sheets of Cookies ~ A cookie sheet full of warm cookies, so simple and devine
- Food Cooked Outdoors ~ Ahhh, the smell of a grill! We probably cookout at least once a week. John's the grill master and cooks all sorts of great food. We have a charcoal/gas/smoker grill and it's awesome
- Pancakes & Bacon ~ Okay, I promise all of these aren't about food, but this one of my favorite breakfasts
- Having a Facial ~ I had my first facial back in the spring thanks to my sweet boy and it was amazing. I like to give myself faux-facials at home from time to time too
- Pumpkin Patches ~ These scream "FALL", which I am very READY for. John and I went to a pumpkin patch a few years back and it was so much fun, but need to go again. I love driving by them and seeing a sea of pumpkins
- Playing Yahtzee ~ We have played a lot of Yahtzee in our 7+ years together - such a classic and fun game
- Natural Light ~ I really like opening the blinds throughout the house, letting the sun in and watching what's going on outside
- Inexpensive Decorating ~ I enjoy decorating our house and seem to always be adding things, changing things or moving things around. I actually did this last weekend. I love putting out decor items for the various seasons and holidays too. Nevertheless, it really pleases me to decorate cheaply without looking cheap. There are all sorts of bargains and sale items throughout our house (several dollar store items too) and no one knows the difference!
- Scented Candles ~ Oh the aroma and they make your house feel warm and cozy
- Getting a Good Night's Sleep ~ It feels great! I think this makes everyone happy, especially as busy as the world seems today
- Ping Pong in the Basement ~ This makes me happy because it reminds me of fun times playing ping-pong in my in-laws basement
- Tex-Mex Food ~ I know I said this isn't ALL about food, but there are several "food" references. This is one of my favorite cuisines - mmm!
- Listening to the Rain ~ Relaxing and peaceful
- A Star Named for You ~ A special gift indeed from John
- Daisies in the Breeze ~ Daisies are my favorite flower - such a friendly flower
- Opening Birthday Presents & Cards ~ I know I may change my tune with time, but I think I will always love birthdays. It makes me happy to celebrate my birthday and to open wonderful cards and gifts from family and friends
- Hanging out with Kids ~ We don't have any kids of our own, but we have lots of nieces and nephews that are a joy to play with and just be big kids with
- A Root Beer float ~ Something I don't have THAT often, but one of my favorite treats when I decide to indulge
- Scratch & Sniff stickers ~ I think these are a thing of the past and frankly, that's just sad. What excitement it brought to scratch a cherry and smell a cherry. Whoever came up with that was a genius
- Food Made from Scratch ~ I LOVE to cook! I've been blessed with a lot of people in my life that love to cook and I have learned from them all. I'm old-fashioned in lots of ways, but I really prefer making things from scratch, even if it takes more time. It's enjoyable and that much tastier
- Licking the Beaters ~ A must after preparing batter or dough for baking...I know this makes Johnny Boy very happy
- Miniature Golf ~ Such a fun activity, but sadly there seems to be less and less mini golf courses
- Baked Potatoes, Cotton Candy, Onion Rings, Saltwater Taffy and Filet Mignon ~ So those were all on separate days, but I decided to group them together as one big "DELICIOUS THINGS I LOVE TO EAT" list! This post really makes me sound like a pig, but I promise I don't consume all of these things at once or all the time
- Finding the Cereal Box prize ~ I don't eat "kids" cereal as much as I used to, but I still do from time to time, but it seems to me these are disappearing as well or is it just me? There was nothing more exciting as a child than getting the toy out of the cereal box OR picking a cereal based on the prize inside...those were the days
- An Open Sunroof ~ I have one on my car and it goes back to the "natural light" topic I guess. I like the sun coming in above me and the days it's cool enough to open it and let the outside air in
- School Supply Stock ~ It's no secret - I am obsessed with school/office supplies and yes I have a stock at home and yes I'm always looking for more fun stuff and make any excuse to buy. School supplies are starting to go on clearance with school now underway, perfect time for me to get some bargains. I never know when I might need more pens or post-it notes (yeah right!)
- Flowers on Your Desk ~ John has blessed me with several flower arrangements or bouquets over the course of my 4 years at my current job - it adds so much to my desk and brings tons of cheer (especially while working)
- Sizzle of a Frying Pan ~ The sweet sound which lets you know that something in being cooked in grease - I'm thinking of bacon
- Family Reunions ~ Always a good time to gather together once a year or so and have fun, talk, play games and eat with your extended family - especially those you don't see or talk to but at that time. We just went to one a couple of weeks ago and I still need to share pictures
- Tying on an Apron ~ Continuing with my love for the kitchen, we have aprons hanging in ours and once one is tied on it's time to dive into some serious cooking and/or baking. Aprons also remind me of a simpler time!
- Banana Seat Bicycles ~ Do they still make these? Please tell me they do! I remember getting one from Santa Claus and learning to ride it in my Grandpa & Grandmother's front yard - sweet memories
- Home Canning ~ Fruits and vegetables from gardens and trees that are canned in a home are THE best you can have. So fresh and tasty! I don't have any experience actually doing this, but I've eaten the fruits of other peoples labor and am always satisfied. However, John has decided to become a vegetable gardener (he has some experience) next year and we both want to learn how to can our vegetables. So this time next year we may have canned green beans, corn, pickles...plus fresh tomatoes, squash and we shall see what else Farmer John grows
- Having Exact Change ~ I am an "exact change" kind of girl. If I can give the exact amount to a cashier, I am thrilled. Or if I can at least give $10.55 for something that's $7.55 and get 3 whole dollars back - whoo hoo! I need help. John LOVES this about me (haha - I think he would beg to differ)
- A Good Night Kiss ~ John tucks me in every night and gives me three kissed every.single.night ~ bliss
Have a GREAT Labor Day weekend - 3 days off makes me super happy!
Until we meet again...