So Much To Blog About, So Little Time

Well, I'm two days shy of it being two weeks since I last blogged. Just like everyone, we've had various Christmas and New Year's festivities and activities going on over the last two weeks as well as a few other things in between.

We took a trip to Arkansas and have a trip planned this weekend to Odessa (west Texas) to visit my family. John and I had our Christmas together this past weekend, which was wonderful. We had tons of fun over the 3-day weekend as well as were very productive around the house. With the holidays and time off of work, I have spent very little time on the computer. It's been nice! I love our blog, but it's nice to be away from all that is "technology" from time to time.

We've taken lots of pictures that I want to post soon. I may have to do a HUGE Christmas post since we've had a couple of "Christmases". I never did get our Christmas decorations posted either, so those may appear as well (better late than never). There are also a couple of non-Christmas topics I want to do write about. That being said, as time allows, I will eventually get all caught up. As anxious as I am, I'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself to get our blog up to date, but to work on it as I can. We are busy people, but in good ways!

We always welcome a new year - a fresh start! A time to reflect on the previous year and look forward to what is to come in the new year. Over the weekend, we packed up all of our Christmas decorations and did a lot of cleaning and some rearranging. It was sad to see all of the lights and decorations go, but the house feels nice...again, like a fresh start. Hooray for new calendars and a new daily planner, a filing cabinet being cleaned out and prepared for 2011, a reworking of the monthly budget, healthier eating and exercising again and many other things to start anew and help transition back to normalcy. We don't really have "resolutions", but we have been talking and praying about things in general we'd like to do this year and changes to make both individually and together. I have a mental list, but I'm sure that will turn into a "to do list" or "project list" or "changes to make" list with good ol' paper and pen.

All of this to say, we are alive and well, just lots going on and enjoying life! Going from the holiday season into a new year and back to reality. Stay tuned - we will keep you up to date on everything going on with the Usserys as we are able to.

Until then - wishing you a fabulous 2011!
Riley

Comments