Taste The Rainbow

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I made some super fun cupcakes for John and I Monday night. Honestly, it was simply my desire to have fun in the kitchen baking, but I used St. Patrick's Day as my excuse to bake and play when I could have been doing more productive things. I made 16 cupcakes so I kept a few for us at home and took the rest to share with everyone at work.

What makes the cupcakes "super fun"? They are RAINBOW! I really enjoyed making them, but they did take a lot of time. Note to self: "Next time around, make these on a weekend". But in the end, it was worth it. It was a new recipe and I had a good time making them.

I took a white cake mix and prepared it according to the package directions. I then divided the batter evenly into six paper bowls and colored them red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple. Then I lined muffin tins with cupcake papers and divided the purple batter among the cupcake papers, then the blue and so on up the rainbow. This part took FOREVER - dividing each colored batted among the cups. I baked them for about 20 minutes, let them cool and then frosted each one with white whipped frosting...a cloud at the end of the rainbow. I made little picks to put in them using toothpicks, scrapbook paper, a circle punch and scotch tape. Nothing fancy.

They were mighty cute and really tasty, if I do say so myself. They were given two thumbs up by Leprechaun John as well. He's so kind to be my taste tester - so selfless. Hee hee!

Enjoy all of the colorful pictures starting with the cast of charaters and ending with a sweet sign that's been hanging out on our fridge all week...

Until we meet again...
O' Riley

Comments