This & That

The blog is in need of updating! ...especially since the last thing I posted about were our 4th of July decorations two weeks ago. I called it "This & That" because I decided to talk about a few random things for the time being.

*We had a good "4th" weekend. It was pretty low key, but really nice. We watched a movie and some TV shows, went to a few garage sales, went out on a date night, watched a couple of Ranger games, did some work around the house and played a few board games. Yesterday, we went to a matinee to see "Mr. Popper's Penguins" - it was a really cute, funny and sweet movie. We both loved it!

*John will start his next semester of school next Monday, July 11th. From then until September 13th he'll be taking "Evangelism" and "Principles/Practices of Teaching". Then starting on September 28th he'll be taking "Life of Paul" and "Theology II". He's really enjoying school. He's completed one year and made all A's thus far. I'm one proud wife! He's had several weeks off, so he's enjoyed the break too.

*I'm excited because my Mom is coming to visit next Thursday. She will stay with us for a couple of days and then the two of us are driving back to Odessa and I'm going to spend a week there with her. It will be all sorts of fun!! I will miss my sweet Johnny though.

* John loves birds! We have a hummingbird feeder and a birdhouse with birdseed out in backyard so he can watch them. We also recently had some birds build a nest on the bricks on our front porch. It was really cool to watch the progress of the nest building and then laying and hatching of eggs. One day we came out to see baby birds. So awesome!!
*Today I went to Target for a few things and they were setting up all of the "Back to School" displays. Poor kids! A little over a month and they'll be back to the grind. Our nieces and nephews start on August 15th and August 22nd. I do love to see all of the "Back to School" stuff because I HEART SCHOOL SUPPLIES! Plus starting back to school means that Fall is on it's way! I'm done with this heat...

Well, I guess that's all of the rambling for now. We have different things going on over the next month or so, but I will update the blog as I am able. Until then, take care and enjoy your summer!

Until we meet again...
Riley

Comments