17 Weeks

*Please ignore my ponytail/sloppy hair*

I am: 17 weeks pregnant
Size of Baby: Baby Ussery is the size of an onion
Total Weight Gained: No weight gained yet ~ I still weigh about the same as I did pre-pregnancy, but I think it's redistributed a little bit. I forgot to weigh this morning, so I will tomorrow. I figure it's still about the same.
Maternity Clothes: I have a nice collection started. I am wearing a maternity shirt and jeans in this picture. There's a picture of the front of this shirt down below. My Mom got it for me over the summer when I was staying with her for a week. It says "Current Status - Mommy to Be". I love it!
Gender: We will found out a week from tomorrow - the appointment can't get here fast enough! Several people have given their guesses as to boy or girl, so that's been fun. There's also been the question of "Would we rather have a boy or girl?" First of all, our first concern is health - as long as they are healthy and happy, that's all we care about. However, there are so many reasons we have talked about wanting a little girl and just as many reasons for wanting a little boy.
Name: We have our names picked out, but waiting to reveal his or her name once we find out. Everyone will know this little one's name in about a week or so.
Movement: No movement yet, but should be happening soon. It can happen as early as the 16th week and as late as the 21st week.
Sleep: Overall, I'm sleeping really good right now.
What I Miss: This week, I missed being able to lift heavy items and move some things - I feel so limited. Luckily, I'm married to a handsome helper! We are continuing with various projects around the house and I have to remember I'm pregnant and know what I can and can't do.
Cravings: No cravings yet
How I'm Feeling: I am feeling really good! I've had a little more back pain and pressure over the past week, but not too bad. It could be so much worse.
Best Moment last Week: Scheduling our "gender reveal" sonogram and getting to hear the precious heartbeat again (which is really fast and strong). Our doctor also let John record the heartbeat on his phone so now we can listen to it anytime we want.
We also took Baby Ussery to their first Texas Rangers game last Thursday night. Granted they were resting in my tummy, but they were there! I can't tell you how excited John is to take them to their first Rangers game. I'm sure they will be decked out in Rangers gear and John will qucikly start teaching them all the players names, positions, rules...you name it. They may only be several months old, but he's ever so anxious. What a great day that will be - let the memories begin!

The Rangers played the Indians and won 7-4 with 2 homeruns hit. It was a great game and the weather was perfect. John kept score and he's hoping to frame the scorecard for a special place in the baby's room - boy or girl.

Here's a couple of pictures of us before the game...




I have put all of our fall decorations out so hopefully I can blog some pictures of them later this week. I know you can hardly wait - hah!

Have a great week!
Until we meet again...
Riley

Comments