It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

FALL!

It's no secret that Fall is my favorite season (and John's too). It brings so many wonderful things! One of my favorite things to do every fall is decorate our house for the season. It makes the house feel cozy and festive. I have collected and made various decorations over the years that fill up two storage tubs. John got the tubs out of the attic a couple of weeks ago and I spent a couple of hours cleaning and decorating.

A new addition this year is a scarecrow that was my Grammy's. I'm so glad to have it. My Mom gave it to me over the summer when we were going through some of her things. Every year I will think of Grammy when I put him out. He's sitting under the table with our family Bible on it.

I also did a craft project yesterday. I bought a pumpkin at Kroger, painted it all over with glue and sprinkled glitter all over it. Once it was dry, John sprayed a sealer on it and I tied a brown bow around it. It's sitting on our island. I'll obviously have to throw it away at the end of the season, but we'll enjoy it until then. I have a few Halloween (non-scary) decorations to put out in October that will be replaced with a couple of Thanksgiving decorations in November.


A yearly tradition - the pumpkin basket on the counter has miniature chocolates in it and the football has candy corn in it. When you press the button to open the top, it plays the Fox NFL theme song.

Welcome inside! Would you like some coffee or apple cider?

Until we meet again...
Riley

Comments

  1. So fun! LOVE the glitter pumpkin. Next year at this time, your "fall decor" post and pictures will look a WHOLE lot different! Tiny hands crawling around grabbing at everything in sight...pulling things off tables...finding out what things taste like...Oh so fun. Tell John he may have a break from getting down any and all decorations for the next few years! Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment