Scottie's Visit

This post is WAY overdue!

Our sweet nephew Scottie (who is 6 and soon to be 7 in about two weeks) came to stay with us for a couple of days at the end of July. We met my Dad and Kristin halfway for lunch and picked him up and then he went back with us to the Family Reunion. It worked out great!

We had such a fun time with him. He is a precious little boy...and hillarious! He was a blast to have around and we made some good memories while he was here. It was his first visit by himself and he did great. He was very well behaved and I think he had a good time too.


We played with toys, put together puzzles, played board games, made homemade play dough, played the Wii, watched lots of cartoons, did some shopping, ate a lot, made cookies, played with Calvin...lots of fun! I think the highlights for him were going to Chuck E. Cheese and the Legoland Discovery Center. It was really neat to see how excited he got.

Also, the first night he was here, he lost one of his front teeth. Luckily, the Tooth Fairy knew that he was visiting his Aunt and Uncle ~ he got 2 crisp $1 bills! He used them to buy tokens to play more games at Chuck E. Cheese.
It was money well spent.

I do have to share one of the many funny things he said - he had us laughing a lot. He asked me if I would play him in Mario Kart on the Wii. I told him I would, but that I wasn't too good. He assured me that it was okay and then proceeded to tell me "...and I'll go easy on you so I don't hurt your baby." Isn't that sweet?! I guess he thought our game would get a little intense and he didn't want to harm the little one growing inside my belly - too cute.

Here are a few pictures from the many we took. I apologize for the blurriness of a few of them.


Thanks for ALL of the fun, Scottie boy. We had such a great time and look foward to having you back again. Aunt Riley and Uncle John love you very much!

On another note, I gave our blog a little makeover. I'm still tweaking it a little bit, but I was ready for a change. Every ounce of me is ever so anxious for FALL to begin! Now that September is here, it is not too far away. I decided to go with a fall theme that would carry us to Christmas and then I'll have to change it up again.

Happy Weekend!

Until we meet again...
Riley

Comments