22 Weeks & Family Baby Shower

**NOTE: THE SPACING IS REALLY MESSED UP IN THIS POST - NOT SURE WHY! I WORKED WITH IT A WHILE AND NEVER COULD GET IT FIXED - OH WELL**

I am: 22 weeks pregnant
Size of Baby: Spaghetti Squash ~ almost 1 pound and 11" long
Total Weight Gained: 3 pounds
Maternity Clothes: I have a nice little maternity clothes section in my closet. I can wear a lot of my regular tops too. I am wearing maternity jeans and a maternity top in this picture.
Gender: It's a BOY!
Name: Parker Holt
Movement: I feel flutters and movement here and there ~ so neat. It feels like I swallowed a butterfly or fish and he seems more active in the evenings so that's when I feel him most.
Sleep: Thanks to my sweet mother-in-law, the past couple of nights have been much better! Last night, I slept the best that I have in several weeks. While John's parents were here this weekend, they bought me a Boppy Body Pillow. It took a little getting used to at first, but it's so nice and has helped a lot. Thanks again!

What I Miss: Hmmm...I still miss the same things that I have all along. I made chocolate chip cookies last week - no dough for me. I also really want to make Shrimp Scampi, but the recipe I use takes white wine and clam juice...boo!
Cravings: No cravings
How I'm Feeling: I'm feeling great!

Best Moment last Week: Having our first baby shower and working more in Parker's room.

John's Mom and Dad (Mark and Karen) came to visit us this weekend. We had a really nice weekend of eating, visiting, shopping and World Series watching. They also came to go to a little family baby shower that John's Aunt Wanda (Mark's sister) put together for us on Saturday. Thanks again Wanda for ALL you did on Saturday!! She prepared a HUGE feast for all of us - it was so delicious. I think I counted 14 adults and 2 kids. We all ate lunch and then John and I opened our gifts and the rest of the day was spent talking and catching up. Everyone at the shower is spread out geographically in Texas and Arkansas so it was really great to get together for several hours - a celebration and time to reconnect.

Here are Grandma and Grandad...
From left to right ~ Lillie, Wanda, Janet (all Mark's sisters) and Karen (John's Mom).

As a small thank you party favor, I made up bags of chocolate covered pretzels for each guest. I colored the white chocolate blue and added blue sprinkles. I tied up the pretzels in a small sandwich bag with blue ribbon and a hand-written tag.

Mommy and Daddy-to-Be dressed in blue for our sweet boy.


Rachelle (John's cousin Rob's wife) made these cupcakes. Not only were they adorable, they tasted so good. I had two - one for me and one for Parker. YUM!!


Lunch time ~ lots of eating, talking and laughing.

Wanda had a fun game for us all to play. We were divided into two teams and each given a sippy cup of water. One at a time we had to drink our cup of water and when we finished the next person started. The team to finish all their sippy cups won a small prize. John's team won! We also got to keep all of the sippy cups after the game.





It's only fitting that the Razorback football game was on in the background. The game wasn't pretty, but they pulled it out in the end. Woo Pig Sooie!




A few pictures of us opening gifts - we got some really great stuff. This was so exciting!

Once we got back home, I spread everything out to take a picture of it all togther. I took a wide pictures and a couple of close-ups.
We had a great day with family and appreciate everyone coming to share the day with us and shower us with wonderful gifts.

We added a couple of things to Parker's room this week. My friend Sylvia (and her husband Brian) gave us this beautiful frame when we found out we were pregnant. I decided to use it for a scripture so with Microsoft Word and some scrapbook paper - voila! This will sit on the side table with his lamp by the rocking chair.

This is the canvas I painted while Carianne was here. I knew I wanted to paint a gingham pattern, but not quite sure how to pull it off. Carianne had the brilliant idea of using scotch tape to make the pattern. She taped it each way and I painted it the same blue I painted his name. This is hanging above the light switch and on the wall between the door to his room and the closet door. I wrote "Painted by Mommy - October 15, 2011 - I Love You Parker" on the back.


















This sign came from Hobby Lobby and John hung it above his closet door.

It's starting to come together and we are over halfway there - wow! We also ordered Parker's crib, changing table and mattress this weekend so we'll be getting those over the next couple of weeks. I've also been working on a baby registry checklist to take with us when we register in about 2 weeks. That will be so overwhelming, but lots of fun!

Until we meet again...
Riley

Comments