24 Weeks

I am: 24 weeks pregnant
Size of Baby: Large ear of corn ~ 1 1/4 pounds and a tad over 12" long
Total Weight Gained: 5 pounds
Maternity Clothes: I have a nice little maternity clothes section in my closet. I am wearing maternity jeans and maternity shirt in this picture.
Gender: It's a BOY!
Name: Parker Holt
Movement: I feel movement here and there ~ such a neat feeling! The other night I felt like I had swallowed popcorn and it was popping in my stomach.
Sleep: I am sleeping better now with my Boppy Body Pillow. I still have a few struggles occasionally, but it's improved so much. I had a couple of restless nights last week, but a few really good nights of sleep as well. John's also been making me, make that encouraging me (that sounds sweeter), to try an take a nap everyday. I tend to not like to stop progress on my to dos - hah!

What I Miss: I still miss the same things that I have all along. I'm keeping a mental list of all of these things I will induldge in after Parker arrives - not all at the same time though!
Cravings: No cravings ... I guess I'm craving what I can't have.
How I'm Feeling: I'm feeling really good overall.
Best Moment last Week: Registering for baby gifts! We registered for gifts on Saturday at Target and Babies R Us. It wasn't without a few headaches and frustrations to start the day, but we survived and had lots of fun. We also had a yummy lunch and a did a little shopping. It was a long day, but really enjoyable. I worked on two registry checklists, one for each store, ahead of time. I took two generic checklists I found online, an e-mail Carianne sent me of her advice and experience and some notes that I had started and consolidated them all into an Excel spreadsheet (Nerd Alert - I love me some Excel). The whole registering process was overwhelming, but these checklists made it go so much easier and saved a lot of time - now that exciting task is done!


I had a doctor's appointment today for a monthly check-up and glucose screening test (GST). All checked out well with Dr. Potter. Parker's heartbeat still sounds great and I'm measuring perfectly. It was a pretty routine and good visit. I will go back on December 5th for my next check-up and after that visit, I will start going every two weeks.

Unfortunately, I didn't "pass" my glucose screening test. I came up 4 points short - rats, so close! That doesn't necessarily mean that I have gestational diabetes (a common pregnancy-related high blood sugar condition), but I now have to do the glucose tollerance test (GTT) to find out for sure ...or if it's nothing to worry about. I go back to the doctor this Thursday and do the GTT from 8:30-11:30. I have to drink the yummy (insert sarcasm here) super sugary drink again, only this time in a higher quantity. Then I have to hang out at the doctor's office for 3 hours and have my blood checked 4 times. Fingers crossed this test goes well!

Until we meet again...
Riley

Comments

  1. Man! I am so bummed about your glucose screening. Maybe the next step will prove that all is well! Fingers crossed!

    Your registry process cracked me up. I prepared for the registry process too, but didn't go as far as Excel in the beginning. Funny though, after Austin and I registered in our semi-"fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants" style, MY MOM sent me a spreadsheet letting me know how many of what we had registered for! I had a RIDICULOUS number of washcloths! I was constantly editing and updating the lists up until the final shower. Fun times, for sure!

    Oh, and by the way, you look stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment