25 Weeks

Yesterday the weather was cloudy, windy and humid so I opted for pigtails due to the fact that I had errands to run and grocery shopping to do. As Frank Sinatra sang, "Nice 'n' easy does it every time".

I am: 25 weeks pregnant
Size of Baby: Rutabaga (which I discovered yesterday is a root vegetable that's a cross between a cabbage and a turnip -how's that for Vegetable Education 101) ~ 1.5 pounds and 13.5" long
Total Weight Gained: 5 pounds
Maternity Clothes: I am wearing maternity jeans and a non-maternity shirt in this picture. I actually have a picture down below of me in this same shirt at 14 weeks. I bought another pair of dress pants yesterday at Target. I already have pair of gray dress pants, but wanted some black ones to wear to church or other dressier activities.
Gender: It's a BOY!
Name: Parker Holt ... Side note: The other night we were watching a one-hour biography special on Josh Hamilton (outfielder for the Texas Rangers for any non-baseball fans) and we were surprised to find out that Josh's middle name is HOLT - how cool is that?! His grandmother's name was Mary Holt, so he was named after her. Josh Hamilton is John's favorite Texas Ranger so that was super neat to find out. In my "20 Week" post, we have pictures of the Josh Hamilton shirt John already bought for Parker.
Movement: I feel movement here and there ~ such a neat feeling! I can't wait until John can feel him kick.
Sleep: I am sleeping better now with my body pillow. I still have a few struggles occasionally, but it's improved so much. I have my good nights and bad, but overall, not too much to complain about.
What I Miss: I still miss the same things that I have all along. I'm keeping a mental list of all of the things I will indulge in after Parker arrives - not all at the same time though!
Cravings: No cravings ... I guess I'm craving what I can't have.
How I'm Feeling: I'm feeling really good overall. I guess my biggest complaint is heartburn. I usually have it everyday or every couple of days and it doesn't really matter what I eat or don't eat or what time of day I eat it. It doesn't last all day, but pops up here and there. It's not fun or comfortable, but if that's all I have to whine about thus far, I've had it pretty good.
Best Moment last Week: A couple of things...attending two classes at the hospital, getting Parker's lamp in, hanging Parker's curtains and passing my second glucose test.

On Saturday, we attended two education classes at the hospital where we will be delivering ~ Lake Pointe Medical Center. From 10-12 we went to the "Baby Bootie Camp" and from 1-3 we went to the "Breastfeeding Class". Both classes were very informative and I took a few pages of good notes - we had fun. The "Baby Bootie Camp" covered all sorts of topics from changing a diaper, swaddling, taking temperature, using a bulb syringe, characteristics of newborns, tips for the first few weeks at home and so on. We also learned a lot about hospital procedures, what will happen the day of delivery and during our time at the hospital...basically how they do things in the Labor & Delivery wing of the hospital. That was very helpful and answered several questions. The breastfeeding class talked about the benefits for Mom and baby, getting off to a good start, making it through the first couple of weeks and lots of other tips. We also watched a video and were able to take home some good reading material. Breastfeeding is a decision we have made to do and I hope and pray it works for us. I'm very anxious and excited to do it and very determined. I had a lot of questions and concerns about all of the facets of breastfeeding, but after Saturday I feel a lot more confident. I know it won't be easy, but I feel a little more assured after all we learned. On Saturday December 3rd, we will take an actual "Childbirth Class" which will cover stages of labor, the delivery itself, pain management, breathing, relaxing, post partum care to name a few things. At the conclusion of the class we will get to tour the Labor & Delivery wing of the hospital so we are looking forward to that. It was a good day and made all of this feel all the more real. I can't believe in a little over three months our baby boy will be here - EXCITING!

We got Parker's Snoopy lamp in last week and got it set up on the table beside the rocking chair. It's so adorable. I do plan to share pictures, but the room is kind of out of sorts right now. It's a long, frustrating story, but we are actually still waiting on the furniture. We were supposed to pick up the crib and changing table on the day we went to register (November 5th) and even though we got an e-mail and phone call saying the furniture was in and ready to pick up, it wasn't. Sparing you from all of the irritating details, we had to re-order everything and are still waiting on it. That being said, we are kind of at a standstill in his room. We can't really start anymore projects until his bed and changing table are in place. We have the mattress ready, but it's laying in the middle of the floor. Once things start shaping up in his room, I will share more pictures. It's going to be such a sweet room for our Parker. We also got the cute curtains hung that Carianne generously made for us. They look great. There's also a valance that matches the bedding we will hang over the curtains.

As I mentioned last week, I did not pass my glucose screening test, so I had to do a 3-hour glucose tolerance test last Thursday. I went in about 8:30 and they took a fasting blood sample and then I had to drink another dose of the orange sugary drink only this time it had a lot more sugar (the equivalent of four soft drinks). She warned me that it might make me sick since it was so much sugar and I had nothing else in my system. Thankfully, it never made me sick. She also said I would get sleepy and might even have a sugar crash later in the day, which I did! I came home, ate and slept for two hours. Back to the test, after I drank the drink I had to hang out at the Dr.'s office for three hours and they took my blood each hour. They wanted to determine what my blood sugar was with nothing in my system and then knew it would go up after I consumed all of the sugar, but that over three hours it would go back down. Praise the Lord - I passed this time! The Dr.'s office called Friday afternoon and all my blood work was within normal limits. And the three hours at the Dr. weren't all for nothing. I got a few things done while I waited. I took a bag o' activities so I was able to work on a few things and it made the time go a lot faster.

In other news, we are looking forward to Thanksgiving. We will leave next Wednesday morning Arkansas bound to spend the holiday with John's family. I perused all of my recipes, picked a few out and bought all of my ingredients yesterday for what I will make while we are there. We also plan to decorate for Christmas this weekend. We want to get it all done so that when we return from Arkansas, it will all be done and ready to enjoy. I am having a garage sale on Saturday so John plans to work on putting lights on the house while I do that and bringing all of our decorations down from the attic. Sunday and Monday nights we will work on decking our halls for Christmas. Snacks, music and decorations galore - oh the merriment! I guess we are on the seasonal fence - anticipating and preparing for our Thanksgiving trip, but getting ready for Christmas as well.

As I mentioned above, here's a picture of me at 14 weeks in the same shirt as above. Mommy and Parker have definitely done some growing over the past 11 weeks.

Have a great week!

Until we meet again...


  1. Hey Riley, so glad to hear the glucose test came back negative!!
    Love you, sweetie


Post a Comment