26 Weeks

Due to the fact that we are leaving for Arkansas Wednesday morning, we started our Christmas decorating last night and will finish it up tonight. This way, when we return from our Thanksgiving festivities, the house will be fully decorated for Christmas and ready to enjoy. We put our two Christmas trees up last night - one in the living room and one in the dining room and today we will finish with all of our other decorations. I will have all of those pictures to share next week.

After we finished our snacks and tree decorating, we decided to watch a couple of short Christmas specials we have on DVD. I put on some comfy pjs and had John take a couple of pictures in front of the tree for my 26 week picture. Can you spot the "P" ornament in the first picture? I bought that on sale at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago. (There's a closer shot of it down below). I am sure it will be the first of many ornaments for Parker, but we wanted something to symbolize this year ~ the Christmas we were expecting him.

We took one without the flash so you could see the tree lit up...you can't really see me, but the silhouette of my belly.


So now to the update...
I am: 26 weeks pregnant
Size of Baby: English cucumber ~ 1.7 pounds and 14" long
Total Weight Gained: 6.5 pounds
Maternity Clothes: I am wearing non-maternity pjs in this picture and they are perfectly comfy.
Gender: It's a BOY!
Name: Parker Holt
Movement: I feel lots of movement ~ such a neat feeling! I can't wait until John can feel him kick.
Sleep: I am sleeping good with my body pillow. I still have a few struggles occasionally, but it's improved so much. I have my good nights and bad, but overall, not too much to complain about. When I get up to go to the bathroom (which I do a lot), sometimes I do have problems going back to sleep because my mind starts going in all sorts of directions. However, that's not pregnancy related, I've always been like that!
What I Miss: I still miss the same things that I have all along. I'm keeping a mental list of all of the things I will indulge in after Parker arrives - not all at the same time though!
Cravings: No cravings ... Still just craving what I can't have.
How I'm Feeling: I'm feeling really good overall. I've been blessed these past 26 weeks!
Best Moment last Week: Having a successful garage sale and adding another package of wipes and diapers to the stash. We had a small garage sale on Saturday and did pretty good. That money is being divided into the "Christmas" and "Parker" funds. It was also good to get rid of a lot of stuff. We still have a garage full of stuff left over, but that will all be donated in the next couple of weeks. I also took advantage of a Target sale and some good coupons I had and bought another package of diapers and wipes for $6 total - what a deal. We are up to about 14 packages of diapers and a few loose ones in a basket and we have about 12-13 packages of wipes. It's a start!

Our next appointment is Monday, December 5th. I believe after that appointment I will start going every other week instead of once a month. Thanksgiving Day is exactly 3 months until our due date. Where is the time going?! And to think that this time next year, we will have 9 month old to share this time with - wow. I am so excited and anxious, but I truly want to treasure and enjoy each day over these next 12 or so weeks. We have LOTS going on and TONS to do over these next three months, but I want to have fun and take pleasure in it all and not rush time. Not too get too deep and serious, but our lives will change drastically (but wonderfully) come late February/early March so I want to live in the now and cherish this time.

Moving on...here's our little Calvin reindeer. We put his antlers on last night during our tree trimming. He didn't leave them on for long, but looks so cute!


Well I have a long list o' to dos before we leave town on Wednesday so I'd better get to them. We would like to wish you and your loved ones the happiest of Thanksgivings. Safe travels and happy eating! I'll be back next week with my "27 Weeks" post, our Christmas decorations and I'm sure a few pictures of our Thanksgiving.

Until we meet again...
Riley

Comments

  1. Your hair looks really thick and more "golden" than blonde! So pretty! Love the tree and Parker's ornament, too. Can't wait to see you in less than a month!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment