28 Weeks & Christmas Tour of our Home

I am: 28 weeks pregnant ~ start of the third trimester
Size of Baby: Cabbage ~ 2.25 pounds and 14.8" long
Total Weight Gained: 9 pounds (Women gain an average of 11 pounds in their third trimester, so hopefully I'll total about 20 pounds or so gained. In our childbirth class, the nurse said women leave the hospital about 12 pounds lighter on average so it would be nice to only have about 10 pounds or so to lose once I'm back home)
Maternity Clothes: I am wearing maternity jeans, but a non-maternity shirt in this picture. It was a cold and rainy day.
Gender: It's a BOY!
Name: Parker Holt
Movement: I feel lots of movement ~ such a special feeling!
Sleep: I am sleeping good with my body pillow. I still have a few struggles occasionally, but it's improved so much. I have my good nights and bad, but overall, not too much to complain about. I slept good last night, but woke up about 5am yesterday morning so it just depends.
What I Miss: I still miss the same things that I have all along.
Cravings: No cravings ... Still just craving what I can't have. I guess I won't have any "pregnancy craving" stories or any "smell aversions" stories either. I'm not complaining at all.
How I'm Feeling: I'm feeling really good overall. I've been very blessed these past 28 weeks and have enjoyed this pregnancy! I am starting to feel bigger though. I'm having a bit more difficulty bending over, turning over in bed, squating down and getting back up...things like that.
Best Moment last Week: FINALLY getting Parker's bed and changing table in! So many frustruating stories I could share, but we have them now and will get started on putting them together this week. Also, we had our childbirth class on Saturday which went really well and we also got to tour the labor and delivery floor of the hospital.

Here I am at 18 weeks just for you to see a comparison from 18 to 28 weeks. I've grown a lot in 10 weeks!



I mentioned last week about getting a precious picture of John while we were in Arkansas over Thanksgiving. Well, I have it framed now and on my desk. Does he not look incredibly sweet and cute? He still is! I love having this in my office.

I guess you could say these are the "Before" pictures of the bed and changing table. I cannot wait to get them all together and continue with more work in Parker's room.

Because of all of the "issues" we had with the furniture, we got some in-store credit so we used it to buy the mobile gym/playmat from our registry.

Now to our Christmas decorations. I wish I had time to give captions on each picture and explain craft projects, where decorations came from, family treasures, meanings behind some of our things and more, but there's just so much. Nevertheless, grab a cup of coffee or mug of hot cocoa and come on in. Welcome!

I bought this plate and cup at the Dollar Tree years ago and we've used it only as decoration. However next year, we'll be able to make cookies with our baby boy and leave them out for Santa. (not sure why there is a spacing problem here)





























This is us on our first Christmas shared together - oh the memories we've created since then. (or why here also?)
























There are a few pictures missing and those are of our stockings. I have a special story to share about those, but it may have to be in another post because I had some problems with the pictures. Hopefully in the next day or so, I can show you our Christmas stockings and Parker's too - I love it!

Thanks for stopping by ~ Until we meet again...

Riley

Comments

  1. We got your Christmas card today! So cute...love the shirt. Your house is so festive too! Job well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment