36 Weeks & Baby Shower

**IF YOU DIDN'T SEE THE PICTURES/TOUR OF PARKER'S ROOM, THEY ARE IN THE POST BELOW THIS ONE**

Moving on...
I am: 36 weeks pregnant
Size of Baby: Crenshaw Melon (I had to look up a picture of this - I had never heard of it before) ~ about 6 pounds and 18.5" long. We have a Dr. appointment and sonogram tomorrow so we will know Parker's exact size - can't wait!
Total Weight Gained: 18 pounds
Maternity Clothes: I am wearing maternity leggings and a maternity sweater in this picture.
Gender: It's a BOY!
Name: Parker Holt
Movement: I feel lots of movement throughout the day and night ~ he's active, but has his times of rest too. I am able to look down at my stomach and see it moving and things protruding out from time to time. He's not really doing somersaults anymore since his room his limited, but whatever position he's in, he's definitely moving his limbs around.
Sleep: Overall, I am sleeping fairly good/okay. I still have my good nights and bad. I find it hard to get comfortable and turn over from side to side sometimes. I have some leg and hip cramping and get up several times in the night to go to the bathroom. I hate to complain because I do get some sleep and I know it could be so much worse.
What I Miss: I still miss the same things that I have all along. Some things I am looking forward to eating ~ a caesar salad, raw cookie dough samples, feta cheese, lunch meat, caffeine, fried eggs, hot dogs, soft-serve ice cream, more seafood ... among other things! These are all things that I either haven't been able to have or chose not to because of certain reasons. I also miss being able to sleep on my back (or whatever position feels good). I also look forward to being more comfortable and able to bend over...oh the little things. But it hasn't been too bad and has been so worth it!
Cravings: No cravings ... just craving what I can't have and what I miss.
How I'm Feeling: I'm feeling good and have been blessed with a wonderful pregnancy! I do feel bigger and less comfortable each week. I'm not as mobile! I'm having more difficulty bending over, turning over in bed, squating down and getting back up, moving as quick as I used to, putting my shoes on...things like that. Aside from that though, I'm feeling great. Probably my biggest complaint through my whole pregnancy is heartburn. I've had it pretty bad, especially here toward the end and it doesn't really matter what I eat or don't eat. But if heartburn is my biggest complaint then I've had it pretty easy.
Best Moment last Week: A few things or "moments" ... getting the car seat base and car seat installed in my car (THANKS DAD!!...the base for his truck is on the way), finding a pediatrician and being showered with more love and gifts.

Yesterday, the sweet women in my Wednesday morning Bible study and Sunday school class gave me a baby shower. It was hosted at the beautiful home of Fred and Paula Lively ~ our Sunday school teachers. Paula also teaches our Wednesday morning Bible study.


The hostesses: (starting on the far left) Paula Lively, Jennifer Hansard, Becky Covington, Jennifer Metcalfe and Marla Smith. Marla made the adorable centerpiece in the Radio Flyer wagon - it is precious. There were yummy things to eat ~ chococolate covered strawberries (made by Jennifer M.), crackers and cheeseball (made by Jennifer H. and her husband Stan) and Becky brought the delicious cake. Oh it was all so good ~ Parker and I really indulged. The punch was AMAZING! Paula made it and it was a coffee punch. It was some of the best punch I've ever had. Paula was so sweet to let us use her china plates and cups and beautiful silverware.


All of the wonderful gifts we were given. At the end, you will see a picture of everything. I laid it all out when I was back home. We are so blessed and received lots of wonderful stuff for Parker. I wish I had time to detail it all, but know how sincerely grateful we are. Here are a few pictures of me opening gifts and Paula writing them all down for me. There were several, but I just picked a few highlights.
After the gifts were opened, Paula read Psalm 139 (which I actually have a portion of framed in his room). A prayer was then said by Becky, Elaine, Barbara and Paula. Paula referred to them as the"older Moms". I know they are older and wiser and filled with experience and pearls of wisdom. I treasure all of the motherly knowledge I can get. The prayer was so touching and meaningful. It was an awesome moment to hear our family and son lifted up and prayed for with so much love. And yes, tears were shed by many of the women.




















Except for two women (Diane and Monica - both from Bible study), Jennifer Hansard managed to take my picture with all of the women that came. Thank you so much for doing that Jennifer! This is her. Her and her husband Stan are in our Sunday school class. They have two boys so I may be leaning on her for "Mom of boys" advice. She's been great to get to know.
A HUGE thank you to all of the women who came. I'm so appreciative for you taking the time to come and spend your Sunday afternoon. I had such a great time and am very thankful for your gifts and presence.

This is another Jennifer, Jennifer Doss. (There were three Jennifers at the shower.) She and her husband Barrett are in our Sunday school class. She does a great job of keeping up with all of our prayer joys and concerns. Do you see me still gripping the cute tea cup filled with delicious punch? Hah!
This is Kristen. Her and her husband Don are also in our Sunday school class. A special thank you to her for taking the pictures of me opening gifts. She also gave me a gift for the hospital. Two pair of aloe socks - so very soft!
This is Jill from Sunday school. She was one the first to introduce herself to us and always asks how I'm doing. She has two girls of her own and is quite the runner. More power to you, Jill!





This is Becky, who is also married to a John and is in our Bible study on Wednesday mornings. She introduced herself to me at a Beth Moore event last September. She's a hoot! This is Lana, from Bible study. She gave Parker an adorable "touch and feel" animal book. I can't wait to read it to him. She also gave us all a fun scarf tutorial before I opened gifts. How cute is hers? I've enjoyed getting to know her and listening to her in Bible study. This is Elaine from Bible study. She was one of the women to say a prayer and I loved what she said. She told me to enjoy every moment because it goes by so fast. She has children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.



This is Marla. Her and her husband Glyn are in our Sunday school class. Not only is Marla crafty (see the Radio Flyer wagon above), but she has a gorgeous voice and I love to hear her sing. She sang on Sunday - lucky us. Unfortunately because of Glyn's job, they will be moving to Southlake once their house sells and other things are in place. I hate to see their sweet family go! This is Barbara from Bible study. Barbara may be one of the first to hold our sweet boy at church. She rocks the little babies in the nursery and can't wait to get her hands on Parker. She said a prayer with the other women and it was awesome.


This is Judy who I also met at the Beth Moore event last September. She introduced herself and we had an instant connection after talking for a while. She shared lots of advice yesterday and gave me permission to call her if I needed. She may regret that, haha!

Sweet Paula - so kind to put this together and open her home to us. She is such an inspirational woman of faith. I have a lot I can learn from her and really appreciate her influence. Isn't she the cutest too? Her and her husband Fred have twins - son and daughter. They are grown with families of their own and have given them four grandchildren. This is the third Jennifer, Jennifer Metcalfe. She is in our Bible study group and is really fun. She cracked me up with her story of going to buy items off our registry and how overwhelming it was. She has three older kids and said things have sure changed since they were little.




This was on the middle of Paual's kitchen island. Love it!

Here are all of the fantastic gifts we received. These are now in the floor of Parker's room so I need to get it all put up in in it's proper place.


Until we meet again...
Riley

Comments

  1. Such a lovely baby shower and all of these décor inspirations for it are mind blowing. I have been working on the DIY baby shower for my cousin and have booked one of the rental spaces for parties. Thanks a ton for these inspirations and the lovely food ideas. I don't know if I can thank you enough for all this help.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment