39 Weeks, Etc.

I am: 39 weeks pregnant (I wonder if this will be my last weekly picture or if I'll be taking another one next Monday? We are playing the waiting game - fun times!)
Size of Baby: A mini-watermelon ~ about 7 pounds and about 20" long
Total Weight Gained: Between 20 - 22 pounds
Maternity Clothes: I am wearing maternity jeans and a maternity shirt in this picture.
Gender: It's a BOY!
Name: Parker Holt
Movement: I feel lots of movement. I don't feel him moving all around but more like punching, kicking and stretching. His room is more limited so there's not as much movement as early on, but whatever position he's in, he's definitely moving his limbs around. I think he's ready to come out and stretch real good.
Sleep: Overall, I am sleeping okay...getting worse as time goes on, but I'll be good and prepared for motherhood! It's just hard to get completely comfortable and turn over from side to side. I get up several times in the night to go to the bathroom so once I get back in bed I have to get readjusted. But I do get a few hours of sleep so I'm thankful for that.
What I Miss: I miss the same things that I have all along. Some things I am looking forward to eating ~ a caesar salad, raw cookie dough samples, feta cheese, lunch meat, caffeine, fried eggs, hot dogs, soft-serve ice cream, more seafood...among other things! Of course not all at the same time and all in moderation. These are all things that I either haven't been able to have or chose not to because of certain reasons. I also miss being able to sleep on my back. I look forward to being more comfortable and able to bend over. I know I will really miss being pregnant for several reasons too so, like I have all along, I'm trying to focus on the positives and really enjoy this.
Cravings: No cravings ... just craving what I can't have and what I miss.
How I'm Feeling: Except for feeling bigger and more uncomfortable and being more tired by the week, I'm feeling really good. I have been very blessed with a wonderful pregnancy!
Best Moment(s) of Last Week: A few things (I can't just pick one moment!) ... getting a few more to dos done and crossed off the list, writing a letter to Parker (it was almost 3 pages), exchanging "Mommy" and "Daddy" gifts with John, working on a belly cast and getting a lot done in Parker's baby book. More on some of these below...

Here I am at 19 Weeks and 29 Weeks...
On Valentine's night, we exchanged "Mommy" and "Daddy" gifts instead of Valentine presents. I made chili and heart-shaped brownies for supper - mmm. After we induldged, we exchanged gifts and then watched "Fireproof". It was a fun night. We each got each other a card and gift to celebrate the fact that we are about to be parents.

Here is the present John wrapped for me...perfectly fitting in sports All-Star paper.
Here is my present to John...the baseball bag and basket o' goodies.


John got me a Willow Tree figurine called "Our Gift". It's of a husband, wife and new baby. I displayed it in the living room with two other figurines that we have, one of a couple that we've had for several years and then one of a pregnant woman and her husband that John got me right after we found out we were pregnant. He also got me a daily devotional book called "Jesus Calling" and a beautiful picture/plaque showing a child's prayer for his Mom. Such wonderful gifts!! You might also be able to tell in a couple of the pictures that I had been crying. John wrote me the sweetest, most heartfelt letter (in his own handwriting) that was three pages long thanking me for so many things, applauding how I've done and what I've sacrificed being pregnant, encouraging me for what's to come, expressing appreciation for our past, complementing me in many ways - he covered so much in that letter and it was amazing. I've read it a time or two since...a treasure. I also got John a Willow Tree figurine called "New Dad". He already has it on his desk in his office. I also made him basket of some of his favorite snacks and candy for the hospital and once we are back home. Finally, the baseball bag held all sorts of "Dad" or "Pop" themed items. Some of them he'll eat and some were just to go along with the theme! I also got him a gift card to a place here called "Popcorn Papa" (Pop and Papa in the same name - too cool). It's a yummy candy and popcorn shop that we like.













Over the last week or so, I have been working on a belly cast to capture what my belly looked like when I was pregnant. My step-sister Carla gave me the kit at my baby shower ~ pretty neat, huh?! John was kind enough to put the plaster strips all over my belly and help me make it. Once it was good and dry, I got to decorate it. I now have this propped in the corner of my office.







And finally, we received another gift in the mail for Parker this week. It was a handmade quilt made by GramMomKitty. Kitty is my best friend Carianne's Mom. She's been another Mom to me for almost 18 years (since Carianne and I were sophomores in high school). This quilt is adorable and precious - it oozes cuteness and I can't wait to see Parker playing on it and using it. It's such a great size. I love all of the fabrics she used - lots of fun patterns. Thanks a million GramMomKitty for making this gift of love for Parker - it's awesome. We are very grateful!




I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow afternoon so we'll see how I'm progressing and if anything has changed since last week. My due date is Friday, but we know Parker will come when he's good and ready. We are just going about our daily business and enjoying this time. You never know when he'll make his arrival. We are anxious, but glad to wait also. We will keep you posted.

Until we meet again...
Riley

Comments