Happy Anniversary to US!

THEN...
NOW...
Hip Hip Hooray - it's our 9th Anniversary today! Words cannot describe how great our marriage is and how much God has blessed us over these past 9 years. It's truly amazing how God brought us together and how he continues to help us make our marriage better and stronger on a daily basis. We are SO happy and SO in love, but we know that we have only just begun. Our relationship and friendship is a dream come true! We can't say it enough, but we are head over heels in love with each other and adore our life together. We find pure joy in living this life as one and having the marriage that we do.

We know that our marriage and life will look different once Parker joins our family, but we have been praying for the past nine months that we can continue to maintain a strong, healthy marriage while meeting all of Parker’s needs. We want to be the best parents we can be for Parker and that starts with having the best marriage that we can possibly have. It will take a lot of effort and being very intentional on our part. We know how important it is for Parker that his Mommy and Daddy continue to work on their marriage with each passing day. I made a magnet for our fridge (from an online idea) that reads “When you have children, your marriage is even more important, not less because other people are counting on you.” We know it’ll be hard work to be parents and continue to work on our marriage, but it’s something we are committed to because we know how important it is.

We have plans to go out for dinner tonight and then we will go back home and open cards and gifts that we have received in the mail and from each other. Also, every year on our anniversary we look at our wedding scrapbook, wedding pictures and also watch our wedding video. It so nice to remember that wonderful day! We are looking forward to our evening together.

To my sweet husband ~ I'm so grateful to be your bride! In my years of praying, waiting and hoping for that right guy to become my husband, I never imagined I would be lucky enough to have someone as incredible as you! I am blessed beyond measure by being Mrs. Ussery and I thank you for the care and love you show me EVERY.SINGLE.DAY! Not a day goes by that you don't make me feel cherished and special. I love our life together and I love you so much. I've had the time of my life these past nine years and look forward to every day to follow, as long as we both shall live. I cannot wait for all of the anniversaries to come that we will celebrate together. You are some kind of wonderful! Happy Anniversary, John Douglas Ussery.


Until we meet again...
Riley

Comments