Parker's Blog Debut

With Parker already one week old, insert WOW here, I thought it was high time I get a few pictures of our adorable little guy on the blog. We've obviously taken tons of pictures over the last several days, but I wanted to share just a few for now. We are still adjusting and trying to get a handle on things, so my time is limited, but we are doing well! We are trying to take it one day at a time and enjoy every minute of it.

Just a quick recap as to how it all happened a week ago...

I went into labor early on Thursday morning. My contractions started getting stronger and closer together after midnight last Wednesday night. I couldn't take it anymore and decided to wake John up about 4:30am. We weren't sure how close I was, so we decided to go ahead and go to the hospital to get checked out. Once we arrived at the hospital, about 6ish Thursday morning, the nurses hooked me up to the monitors and watched me for over an hour. After that hour or so, it was determined that it was time and I was admitted and put in a delivery room around 9ish. Luckily we took all of our bags to the hospital just in case. I was settled in my room by about 9:30am and Parker was born at 6:02pm. While labor and delivery wasn't comfortable, pain-free and fun, it was a wonderful, beautiful experience and I tried to remain as calm as I could through it all. The day couldn't have gone any better ~ so many blessings!

The happy couple ready to meet their son...And here he is...our sweet Parker!

Parker's first picture with his Daddy!

Awesome Dr. Potter ~ we are so thankful she was able to deliver Parker.
Our new little family ready to go home (please excuse my appearance - I just had a baby, hah!)
Parker's first ride in his car seat.
On Monday, we had our first pediatrician appointment. Daddy ready to take Parker in for his check-up.
Big brother Calvin seems to be adjusting well. We can't really tell what he thinks yet. It may take a little while or it may set in once Parker is bigger and more visable. Luckily though, he's acted pretty normal thus far and hasn't changed his behavior - such a sweet dog.
Hanging out with Dad, their time together has only just begun...
When I took my "39 Weeks" picture and posted it on the blog, I said that I wondered if it would be my last pregnant picture and sure it enough it was. So here I am at 39 Weeks...And here I am at 40 Weeks...

I'm so thankful and thrilled to be this little boy's Mommy!

Like I mentioned, we are in a time of transition and making lots of adjustments, but one step at a time we will get there. That being said though, I may be a little absent from the blog world until I get a better handle on our new life and new normal. I will try to post updates as I can. I hope to get into a routine of at least posting pictures and updates once a week...more if things are really going well, but we shall see. As anxious as I am to keep the blog updated, I have to get a handle on being a Mommy first. In time!

Before I close, have I mentioned how amazing my husband is?? Pardon me and let me praise him and thank him. John, as usual, has been a-m-a-z-i-n-g! He was so wonderful, encouraging, calm and supportive on delivery day and he's been awesome this past week. While I've been focused on Parker, he's done SO much for me and our home so that I haven't had to worry about it. You name it, he's taken care of it. He's also been making sure that I'm taking care of myself - eating right and sleeping as I can. Not only has he done so many things around the house and run errands, he's been so emotionally supportive and encouraging to me while we are in this season of change. It's a lot to take on and many adjustments happening all at once, so he's kept me sane and I'd be lost without him. Thanks a million, my love! Parker and I are so lucky and blessed by you.

I guess I shall wrap it up for now. Parker's sleeping as I type this, but it won't be long before he's awake and ready to eat. Stay tuned to the blog for pictures and updates as we have time.

Until we meet again...
Riley

Comments

  1. Finally!!! And worth every second that I had to wait to "meet" Parker!! He is so precious and we are so happy for all of you! As blessed as you are to have him ~ so too he is blessed to have you!! With blessings and love,
    GramMomKitty and Papa Lo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riley I'm so amazed at how the Lord has blessed you all during this process. I have and will continue to be praying that He will (continue to) cause His facd to shine on your whole family, giving you peacd and blessing after blessing as you continue to discover how endless His Love and delight is for you all. I'm sooooo excited to see how this all plays out in the years to come. YAHOO!!! (Hug) xD - -Your cousin, Emily

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment