Still Here ~ Almost 3 Weeks In

Hello blog readers. Yes, I am still alive and well! I have just been taking care of my precious baby boy and transitioning into our new chapter of life. There have been lots of ups and downs and many changes and adjustments, but all so wonderful. It's still so hard to believe that we have a son. We are taking it one day at a time and still finding our way as new parents, but it's such a blessing.

John and I have only grown closer through this and I wasn't sure that was possible. We are making a great team and really depend on each other with this new phase of our life together. John went back to work on Monday after two weeks off. I'm so thankful that he works from home so while he's not as readily available to help as he has been the past two weeks, he does whatever he possibly can to help me throughout the day and I'm deeply grateful. We are excited about the fun life ahead of us with our little boy. Last night, Parker was taking an evening nap so after dinner we were able to do a short marriage devotional and pray together - made my day!

I can't believe that a week from Thursday our sweet P will be 3 weeks old and before we know it, a whole month old! On his monthly birthdays, I plan to take a picture of him on the 23rd of each month in the same location so we can see how he grows and changes from month to month and over the course of his first year of life. I also plan to share his current measurements (if possible), updates, milestones, changes, diaper and clothes sizes, likes/dislikes, new things he experienced that month and other such things on his monthly posts so we can also see how that changes from month to month.

We've taken several pictures from day to day, but then sometimes we just get caught up in life and taking care of him that we forget to snap some pictures.

Here are a few for now...

Such a handsome boy with his big, bright blue eyes. His hair is two different colors, hah! In some light it is a light brown and it another light it's blonde. I'm sure it will change, but maybe he'll be a little blondie like Mommy. We are just surprised at how much hair he actually has.

Is there anything better than napping with a sleeping baby? Daddy was happy to do it!
Saturday evening, after I fed Parker, he sacked out on my Boppy pillow so I just wiggled my way out of it and left him laying on it in the big chair in the living room. We covered him up and he slept like that for 2 hours. We took advantage and played a game and had ice cream sundaes.
And we haven't forgotten about our first born, Mr. Calvin! He still seems to be doing fine with all of this, but we are trying to give him a lot of love and attention. Plus he still has his spot in bed with us.

We are taking our first trip with Parker next week, leaving this weekend, and we'll be gone all of next week. John has to work for a week in Arkansas and rather than Parker and me be alone for all of that time, we are tagging along and will hang out with Grandma and Grandad during the day and all spend time together in the evenings. I've already made a list and have started the gathering and pile building for our trip. It should be quite an adventure, but we are looking forward to it. I'm thankful to be able to go and not have to be away from John, plus have the extra help for the week.

If I don't get a chance to post in the next week or so, I will be back sometime after March 23rd with Parker's "One Month" post and more pictures.

Until we meet again...
Riley

Comments

  1. Glad to see a few more pictures of Parker!! Such a cutie pa-tootie! Sounds like you are handling all the newness and transition wonderfully. Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment