Gregg Family Reunion 2013

We recently made a trip to Fredricksburg for the annual Gregg Family Reunion.  This is my sweet grandmother's family. My grandmother, Evelyn, was one of nine children - she was the youngest.  Her maiden name was Gregg, which is what her and my Grandpa named my Dad.  I love that!  My grandmother and all of her siblings are no longer living, but this reunion is all of their children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. I found it interesting that three of her siblings never married or had children.

It was a one day get-together and aside from the cool wind, it was a wonderful and beautiful day. I think we had 43 people total, including the little ones.  It was a nice turnout!

Aunt Carla pulling double duty Saturday morning with Parker and our niece Helana (her daughter).  Helana and Parker are a little over 10 months apart.

With so many pictures, I won't give captions for every picture. 

Kind of a general overview - the day was spent inside and out at my Dad and Kristin's house in Fredericksburg.  They purchased brisket, chicken, sausage and beans from a local BBQ restaurant and then they made a few side dishes and several yummy desserts.  I made some seasoned ranch crackers for a snack and monster cookies to go with the desserts.

Other than eating lunch, the day was spent visiting, catching up and talking about "old times" - lots of stories and laughs.  There were several photo albums and pictures looked at as well.  The highlight for my Dad was playing some "42" - a longtime family favorite domino game.  My Dad didn't get to play as many games as he wanted - just not enough time.  It's always neat observing him and his cousins playing and having a great time...much like all of their parents did when they were kids.  It was a beautiful day outside so there was lots of playtime as well. 

There are three pregnant women in the family (no I am not one of them - ha!) so next year there will be three little ones to add to the family tree.

Some of the people there this year I hadn't seen in a long time so it was really nice to hug their necks and catch up on life.  A really good time for the Gregg Family!
        





Parker meeting little Danny - he's 2 1/2 and his Mommy (Lori) is one of the pregnant ones.  Lori and I are second cousins.




Parker had a fun time swinging on Granny and Grandpa's fort.



I think Daddy did too!

And so it begins - a game of 42.  There are more pictures below with various teams.  Playing 42 in the backyard - my Dad was in heaven.
They have a little boy named Parker too and are pregnant with their second boy coming in July.
















Two years ago, I spent a great deal of time making a family tree/flow chart starting with my Grandmother and her siblings and then down from there including spouses, children, grandchildren, etc and all of their birthdates and anniversary dates.  We put it out each year so that everyone can look at it, but also so people can fill in blanks or make changes.  I should have taken a closer shot of it.  It was a lot of hard work, but a really neat learning experience as well.  I also typed it up on the computer so I can make and save changes easily - remember those three babies to add?!




Oh my, who does this precious, sweet boy belong to?! ME - that's who!  This picture (which like many is so much better on the printed picture I have) captured my heart.  I could not stop looking at it.  I love those "in action" pictures when he doesn't even know I have the camera.  I am convinced this would win a contest!    





Grandpa and Parker before we had to head back home.
It was a great weekend and I'm already looking forward to next year!

Until we meet again...
Riley

Comments