Happy Father's Day!

Parker and I want to wish his Daddy a very HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

We will take a few pictures before church later this morning, but here is Parker and John last year on Father's Day (Parker was almost 4 months old).

Hugs in his pajamas before church...
After church in his "Daddy's Little Buddy" onesise...
Here's a recent picture for a year to year comparison...
As you well know by now, I love comparing various photos from year to year, but I digress - back to FATHER'S DAY!

John is THE BEST Daddy - or "Dada" or "Dadee" as Parker affectionately calls him.  I knew John would be such a great Dad before Parker was even born and he has exceeded my expectations.

I love and appreciate so many things about John as a Dad, but what I am most thankful for is how incredibly hands-on he is.  A lot of Dad's aren't, so I never want to take this for granted.  John is 100% involved and active in Parker's daily life - good, bad, easy and difficult.  He helps even after he has worked all day and doesn't leave it all to me because I am the "Mom".  What some men feel is "for the woman to take care of", John dives right in - not just because he's so helpful, but because he really wants to be involved with Parker.  Sure, we have our appropriate roles and responsibilities and each meet different needs for Parker, but John is ready and willing to do whatever Parker needs.

How hands-on is he with Parker?

He...
  • Changes diapers - even the not so fun ones
  • Dresses him
  • Bathes him with me and then we do his nighttime routine getting him ready for bed
  • Prepares food, feeds him and encourages his eating
  • Rocks him to sleep at night and helps with naptime when he can
  • Loads the car with our things and gets him buckled into the car seat when we have places to go
  • Washes his dishes and toys that need a "bath"
  • Takes him outside (they check the mail together every day, blow bubbles, work on the vegetable garden and more)
  • Replaces toy batteries, puts things together and performs toy surgeries when necessary
  • Checks on him in the church nursery in between Sunday school and church
  • Reads him books and points things out in them
  • Plays and has all sorts of fun with him
  • Talks to him
  • Teaches him things
  • Gives him tons of attention, love and affections - lots of hugs and kisses
  • Takes weekend naps with him in the recliner
  • Prays for him
I know I am forgetting something, but the fact is, there are many examples.  These are just a few of the best ones and my favorite ones.

He also helps out so much around the house and will tend to Parker when he can to give me breaks or a chance to work on a few things that I need to take care of.

I know this is only the beginning of how active and involved John will be in Parker's life.  They are going to have so much fun and I cannot wait to see their father-son relationship blossom and grow in the years to come.

John - we have been through quite a lot together and especially in the last 16 months of our Parker Boy's life, but I am so thankful to have gone through it all with you.  I love being on this road through parenthood together - we are making a whole new set of memories.  You really are such a wonderful Dad.  It gives me such joy to watch you and Parker together and makes my heart feel so good.  I am so proud of you.  Parker and I are very blessed by you and we sure do love you!

Happy Father's Day - I hope you have a fantastic day!
Parker's Mommy 


Comments