Halloween Eve - A Sneak Peek

We are keeping with the PEANUTS gang theme this year and Parker is dressing up as Linus for Halloween.  It wasn't really our plan or intention to go with another one of the PEANUTS pals, it just kind of came about.

I wanted something cheap, simple and hopefully homemade.  Plus Parker is not too keen on things being on his head or face right now so I needed something that wouldn't involve that. 

I racked my brain for a few days and Linus is what I came up with. Here is a sneak peak of his costume...

I bought a solid red shirt and with a pencil, ruler and black fabric marker - stripes were born.  I bought a small piece of blue fleece for Linus' blanket. (Side note: Since Parker is so attached to his blanket right now, I think it is perfect and so fitting for him to be Linus this year). We bought a plump orange pumpkin this weekend and I made a "Welcome Great Pumpkin" sign to carry last night. 

Here's a scene with Linus from the Halloween special "It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" - the look we are going for...
We hope to watch this tonight by the way!

Since we aren't able to attend our church 's annual Fall Festival we will be enjoying some fun at Grandma and Grandad's church. Parker is sure to be the cutest one there and will make a great Linus.

Although I am not sure we can top the adorable Charlie Brown from a year ago!
Oh my! Halloween marked a big day in Parker's life last year  - he crawled for the first time.  And he hasn't slowed down since - the boy us always on the go!

I will be back from with pictures of our Halloween festivities and hopefully some photos of sweet Linus - if we can keep him still long enough.

Until we meet again...
Riley

Comments