Festive for the Fourth

One of my favorite domestic activities is decorating for all of the holidays. Our decorations aren't fancy or expensive, but they are fun and help welcome in the coming holiday.  It helps the house feel festive for what we are celebrating. Between selling our house last summer and having a new house built (and living in Arkansas for 6 months), I haven't been able to do any holiday decorating in a year - GASP! 

We were here at Easter, but only a few weeks in so we were still neck deep in boxes - not the best time to think about dragging out the Easter decor. But don't think that I wasn't tempted and didn't think about it! 

So here we are with Independence Day coming next Friday and it's my first time to do some holiday decorating in our new home.  Hip hip hooray!

Last week, I put out a few patriotic decorations and we are ready to celebrate the 4th of July!

Welcome in...
Parker picked out the patriotic jingle bells from the Dollar Tree for the front door knob. 




This is a special bear - Parker received it from the hospital staff when he had his tongue surgery last summer.


I made this little arrangement a couple of summers ago. I used an empty Crystal Light container. 




I got the "USA" wooden sign for 90% 2 summers ago at Hobby Lobby - score!
My firecrackers made from pool noodles left over from VBS. 


Thanks for stopping by! I guess the next time I will be decorating will involve pumpkins, scarecrows, leaves, hay bales...oh I can hardly wait.  I heart Fall!

Until we meet again...
Riley

Comments