Loads of Fun ~ Our Laundry Room

We have lived in our house for about 10 months now and overall we are pretty settled.

However, being the project person that I am (insert my sweet husband's patience here)...I have a list of things I still want to do regarding the house.

There are items I want to purchase, crafting to be done, furniture I want to paint or replace, pieces I want to build or make, planting and landscaping to be added, areas to organize better, a garage sale to prepare for - whew!

When we moved in, I made a room by room list as well as one for outside projects.  We have made a lot of progress and crossed a lot off, but more yet to do.  It doesn't help that I keep adding to the list.

I've been wanting to share pictures of each room, but I keep thinking I want to wait until the room is completely done.  Well, the reality is, that may be a while.  Life is full to the brim right now so I can only work on said projects here and there.

So I thought as time allows (hopefully over the course of this year), I would post pictures of different rooms in the house and also add what still needs to be done to the room.

Are you on the edge of your seat yet? This is riveting stuff people!

Let's start with the laundry room - a simple, but good place to start.

I kept with the teal and black theme simply because that's what we had in our previous house.  I changed things up a bit, but kept the same colors.

Shall we enter? 
I made this for our old house with scrapbook paper and an old frame I wasn't using.  

Looking back into the little hallway - a good view of our cross collection wall.  
My sweet friend Susie, that I used to work with, painted this sign for me for my birthday a couple of years ago, 
My Mom bought me the clock after we moved in and then found the fun chalkboard.  She's always finding the perfect stuff.  I broke out my chalk and made a little sign.  




I made this canvas last summer.  It's a good reminder as I feel like we are always doing laundry.  For a family of three, we keep the washer and dryer going quite a bit! 

Our dryer is close to 15 years old - old faithful.  We keep thinking one of these days it will just stop working, but he's hanging in there.  Thank goodness!
We had this little vintage laundry sign in our old house as well for our dog Calvin.  After having him for 10 years, we had to say goodbye to our beloved beagle about a year and a half ago.  I still miss him so much and having this in here brings back fond memories.    
This storage closet is one of my favorite things about the house.  It houses so much stuff - cleaning supplies, paper products, decor items, kitchen appliances (ones that I don't use as often), serving pieces - lots o' stuff.  

And the cutest part of the laundry room - the happy helper!  He LOVES to help with the laundry...and I will take it while I can.  
This room is pretty much done.  I do like the idea of a "laundry" rub-on/decal to go on the door as to show where the laundry room is.  Hopefully I can order or buy one soon and get it put on the door front.

Well there you have it folks - now back to your regular programming.

Hope to share more pictures of the house over the next several months - incomplete and all...Eek!

Until we meet again...
Riley

Comments

Post a Comment