Happy 4th Birthday, Parker

Parker Holt, you are FOUR years old! 

You went from this newborn babe in the hospital...
To this one year old...
To this two year old...
To this three year old...
To this four year old...
Oh Parker, my heart can't take it.  Where has the time gone?  I still remember the day you were born so very clearly.  It was such a wonderful day!  And now you are four years old - wow.

I often look back at your baby pictures and miss those precious times and how little you were. As hard as some of the early days were, there's nothing like a sweet little baby.  All of that being said, I love the age you are now too.  We have had so much fun over the past year. From baby days to toddler days and all the days in between you have remained the sweetest boy!

As I did before you were born, and have every year on your birthday, I am writing you a personal, special letter so I'll try not to ramble on here. Notice I said "try". (Side note: I wrote Parker a letter while I was pregnant and have written one each year since then around his birthday so this will make my fifth letter to him.  It will be so neat for him to read later on and for us to remember what was going on at that time.  The letters are usually 2-3 pages and I try to document what he's doing developmentally, what he's interested in, share highlights from the past year, describe what I especially love and enjoy about him at that stage of life and what I'm looking forward to in the coming year.

Parker, Daddy and I want you to know how very much we love you!  You fill our hearts with absolute joy and pride. You make us so happy and are oodles of fun.  From 6:02 pm on February 23, 2012 until this day, we have been on such an awesome adventure with you in so many ways.  Our cup runeth over - you are one special little boy!

Here are just a handful of things Daddy and I love about you...

How smart and curious you are - you love to learn and ask lots of questions.  You have energy that cannot be matched.  You make us laugh every single day.  Your happy place is outside and would reside there permanently if it were possible. Your vocabulary and things you say.  How sweet, affectionate and loving you are. How much you adore music, singing and dancing.  How excited you get about the littlest things. How much you enjoy going places.  How you like doing just about anything - so easily pleased.  How playful you are. How much you enjoy going to church and learning about Jesus. How much you have progressed over the past year and made so many positive changes.

Again, I'll address more in your letter and it's hard to know where to stop.  The simple fact is, we are quite fond of you Parker Boy!

We look forward to celebrating you today and then we are having a small John Deere party on Saturday - fun times ahead.

Here are several pictures we took behind our house...































Happy, Happy Birthday sweet Parker!  We wish you a wonderful, special day and we look forward to all that lies ahead in the coming year.  Feel free not to get any older - I'm not sure I'll be able to handle you turning 5.  

Mommy loves you THIS much! 

Until we meet again...
Riley

Comments