January

I am continuing on my quest to get somewhat caught up on the ol' blog.  

In my last post, I re-visited December 2015 and today we'll keep on with the trend of a month at a time and recap January.   

Here's a little of what we were up to in January...

As much as I didn't want them to, all of the Christmas decorations had to come down.  I always hate packing up everything that decked our halls for several weeks, but I do like the opportunity to deep clean the house afterwards.  It's a fresh, clean start to a new year.

It's even more fun when you have an adorable helper.  He loves to play on the couch cushions.  



We continued with our homeschool preschool activities.  In the month of January we covered G is for Gumball and H is for Hippo.

Every other week I prepare the next letter (so we are working on one letter and I'm getting all of the activities ready for the next letter at the same time).

Here's what the dinner table looks like every two weeks as I am cutting, laminating, punching, lesson planning and preparing for our activities.

We took a Friday to visit the local trampoline park - Urban Air.  A good way to have fun and stay out of the cold...although we didn't have much of a winter this year. 

A few of our week "Happy Sunday" pictures...



January 8th marked 14 years since John and I met in person.  We love celebrating all of the special days in our life together.  We affectionately call January 8th, "Happy Meeting Day".

In December 2001, I lived in Odessa, Texas and John lived in Conway, Arkansas - about 12-13 hours apart. We were set-up/introduced at that time, but again lived a state apart. We communicated through e-mail and eventually phone calls, but never met in person until January 8, 2002.

I flew to Little Rock, Arkansas to meet John and spend a few days together in person.  Well, guess what? I never went home!  We were engaged 3 months later and got married 13 months to the day after we met at the airport.

Only God could have orchestrated our story and our meeting!


Parker and I went to Dallas one Friday to have lunch with two of my sweet friends/former co-workers. What a handsome date I had!

We did some sensory activities for texture by making an "Oat Farm" and playing "Fizzy Foamy Car Wash".




Parker sang me some songs from one of his favorite shows, Nature Cat.  This may look like a vacuum, but it's a microphone according to Parker.

A theme was picked and I started working on Parker's 4th birthday party plans and crafts.
I also re-decorated Parker's bathroom.  When we moved into our house, I just did something pretty neutral, but we was ready for a fun bathroom and this was the perfect decor for our sea loving boy!
A little backyard fun with Daddy.
At the end of January, we put out all of our Valentine's day decorations.
And that's a wrap for January!

Maybe if I can do this a month at a time, I can stay on track a little better. Time will tell...next up, February - a big month in our house!

Until we meet again...
Riley

Comments