First Half of May

As I type this, June is already upon us.  We had a full May so I obviously have some catching up to do.  I thought I'd break May up into 2-3 posts.

As much as we possibly can each week, we try to do what we call "Family Worship Time" in the evenings.  We are currently working our way through a book called "Exploring the Bible".  Each week is a different expedition through a passage of scripture.  We also each pick something to pray for during each expedition.  After that, John and Parker work through their catechism questions that Parker has been learning for quite a while now.  We recently started adding the singing of a hymn to our time.  The first hymn we have been learning is "O For a Thousand Tounges to Sing". It's so sweet to hear Parker sing the lyrics. 
While everyone's school year is coming to an end, we are still going.  With Parker's new therapy schedule, we have gotten a little off track with our homeschooling.  We have done the best we can when we can, but it's been a learning experience.  We are also hoping to change Parker's schedule a bit to allow more time for schooling during the week.  We won't go full force this summer, but play catch up and do some fun learning activities as well.

I spend a lot of time preparing for homeschool, but I love it! It suits our family perfectly and I'm grateful for the opportunity to do it with Parker.




We still make our weekly library visits.  This boy loves to check out new books and DVDs each week.  He's also been checking out some books with CDs to listen along with.  We are signing up for the library's summer reading program this week!

We read Parker a bedtime story each night, but one night he had a sleepover in our room and wanted to read us a story instead!
Our neighbors across the street recently went on vacation and Parker got to take care of their beta fish.  He was so excited to feed him and check on him each day. 
A couple of Saturdays ago, we went to celebrate Haley at her graduation party.  It's hard to believe she graduated high school!  She was just 14 when they moved in next door a few years ago.  Now she is off to college in the fall to pursue her nursing degree.
Mother's Day with my sweet and special son. I put this quote on Instagram on Mother's Day...
"The most important work you will ever do are within the walls of your home." - H. Lee

I feel fortunate and grateful to be able to stay at home to be a wife, mother and homemaker.  I left my job at an accounting firm 7 years ago and it's a decision I have never regretted.  We prayed long and hard for Parker and God blessed us in His time.  Motherhood has taught me lessons about myself and life that I never would have learned otherwise. I sure love this boy big!    


More of May to come...

Until we meet again...
Riley

Comments