More of May

In my last post, I left off with Mother's Day.

I wanted to share this picture.  On my homemade card, John asked Parker to fill in the blank, "Thank you Mommy for..." and this was his answer.  Apparently chocolate chip cookies are the way to his heart.
I LOVE holiday decorating...LOVE it! I have some sort of seasonal or holiday decor out all year.  I have a small collection of patriotic decorations that I usually put out at the end of June for Independence Day.  A couple of years ago, I was reading another blog and the writer said that she puts out all of her patriotic decorations before Memorial Day and leaves them out until July 4th since Flag Day is sandwiched in between.  I thought this was a genius idea!  And a wonderful excuse to leave all the red, white and blue decor out for longer.  Now we get to enjoy these decorations for several weeks instead of just one or two.  Here's a very small sampling - maybe I'll have time to post a few more decorations at some point! 



I'm a sucker for comparison photos!  Same library, same book/toy area in the library and same book loving boy...
In the Spring of 2013, I started taking Parker on weekly trips to the library and 5 years later we still visit the library each week.  We love our local libraries! These pictures are from May 2013 and May 2018.
About three weeks ago, our old neighbors (The Burden Family), sweetly offered to watch Parker while John and I went on a date.  While we love Parker so much, we also know it's important to make time for one another and nurture our marriage.  It's to Parker's benefit that we cultivate a strong marriage relationship.  He was so excited to spend time with his sweet friends and we had a wonderful time together.  We had a very yummy dinner, ran one shopping errand and ended the evening with a good cup of coffee.  
The following afternoon, Parker was invited to Dylen's birthday party.  Dylen and his family used to live down the street from us.  They moved further east and have lots of land now.  It was good to see and catch up with our old friends.  Parker had fun at the dinosaur birthday bash.
On our way home from the birthday party, we stopped at a fresh produce stand so that John and Parker could buy a watermelon.  I'm not a melon fan, but both my boys love it!! We stuck it in the fridge when we got home and they cut it open later that night.  It was a hit - sweet and tasty! Parker said to call these pictures, "Watermelon Love".


Happy Sunday!
Our neighbors from across the street have rescued some baby ducks.  There was a mother duck who had ducklings several weeks ago, but she sadly disappeared so our neighbors quickly gathered supplies and resources on how to raise ducks.  They asked Parker to come over to visit and play with them one night.  He got a big kick out of it.
Happy Memorial Day! We are grateful for all who have served and sacrificed for our country.

We were actually in Fredericksburg over Memorial Day for a surgery my Dad was having, but I'll post more about that later.  
It's only the first week of June and it is Hot, Hot, Hot! Summer is not our favorite season, but we're trying to make the most of it.  We've already crossed off a couple of things off our summer fun list!

Until we meet again...
Riley

Comments