Is it June already? Wow - summer is here! School is out and the hot weather has arrived. It's time to post my favorite "things to be happy about" from my desk calendar in May. Click here to read about April and there are also links there for January, February and March if you want to get up to date.
Here are my May things to be happy about...
- Grocery Shopping ~ I LOVE to go to the grocery store - it's one of my favorite things to do. I always have and hope I always will. When I was a little girl, I played "grocery store" more times that I can remember. I love having a list, buying everything on it (and extra things NOT on the list) and looking through the sea of products on every aisle. There's people that get paid to go and buy people's groceries - lucky!
- Eating Cookie Dough ~ I know this is really unhealthy, but so are lots of things! It's very yummy though, especially homemade cookie dough. When I make cookies from scratch (like I did Wednesday night), I always let John know when the dough is ready so he can come and have a taste. He loves it!
- Homemade Ice Cream ~ This is the perfect time of year for it. We had some last weekend on our trip home and it was awesome. We plan to make some over the July 4th holiday as well. Our recipe is very creamy and delicious...if I do say so myself.
- Smell of Onions Frying ~ MMM, such a good fragrance in the kitchen in various recipes.
- Squash ~ I never really liked squash growing up, but within the past few years I've grown to love it prepared in all sorts of ways.
- Hot-Air Balloons ~ So big and bright. It's neat to spot them floating through the sky. "Riding in a hot-air balloon" is on my bucket list. John said he will be on the ground taking pictures - HaHa!
- Sleeping in on the Weekends ~ AHHHHHHHH, so nice! I don't even sleep THAT late, but getting to sleep until 7:30 or 8:00 is much better than 5am.
- Setting off on a Ramble ~ Sometimes I start talking about something and next thing you know, I'm just chattering away like a monkey - especially when it comes to plans, projects or things I'm either excited or frustated about. If it's a topic that ignites something within me, good or bad, I can often go on and on, but it feels good to get it all out.
- Taking Time Off ~ It's always nice to have some time off from the daily grind of work. I'm happy with my job, but I really enjoy days off.
- Buying New Clothes ~ I don't do this too often, but it's always fun to go shopping for clothes and come home with several cute things to add to my wardrobe.
- Tying Ribbon Around a Gift ~ This reminds me of wrapping presents ,which is one of my favorite things to do. If I can avoid using a gift bag I do. I much prefer putting gifts in box so I can wrap them. I love to add bows, ribbons, embelishments, etc. I have quiet a stash of everday wrapping supplies. Christmas wrapping is a whole other exciting time.
- Checklists ~ I am a lover of lists. I have lists galore. I make lists on a daily basis. I'm a listaholic. Did I mention my affection for lists?
- Texas BBQ ~ Finger lickin' good! I've had lots of BBQ and nothing beats it in Texas.
- Mac & Cheese ~ A absolute classic that I still enjoy even as an adult. I could eat a whole box by myself I'm sure.
- Sleeping Soundly ~ It feels amazing to sleep long and hard and to get a great night of rest.
- Soft Pretzels with Salt ~ YUM YUM! I prefer mine with mustard or melted cheese.
- Office Friends ~ I am so thankful for two particular work friends. One of them, Sylvia, actually left our office earlier in the year (sniff sniff), but we still keep in touch and do lunch once a month with Susie (who still works with me). The three of us call ourselves the "Angels" because of an inside joke that came from a Charlie's Angels reference. These two women are near and dear to my heart and two of my greatest friends.
- Open Windows ~ I enjoy those days when the weather is so nice outside that you can open all of the windows in the house and let the fresh air in - not be too hot or too cold, just perfect.
- New Windshield Wiper Blades ~ One of my many quirks (or pet peeves) is that I cannot stand a filthy windshield - it just irriates me. There's not a lot to completely control it, but it still upsets me. I LOVE a clean windshield more than any normal person should. I get so mad when anything blemishes the windshield (I know, I know - I have issues). I also don't like it when it's pouring down rain and the blades are simply smearing water all over the glass making it next to impossible not to see. Add bird or bug "mess" to that and it's just not cool. SO, all of that being said, fresh windshield wiper blades are a welcomed friend to my car so my windshield can be as clean as possible (remember when I mentioned above about "setting off on a ramble"? - Uh Oh)
- Getting the Hug You Need ~ This has to be one of the best things in life! Sometimes there is NOTHING better than a big, comforting hug right when you need it. It feels so nice. I'm biased, but I happen to think my husband gives the best hugs and he always knows when I need a good squeeze.
Have a HAPPY WEEKEND!
Until we meet again...