Here are my April things to be happy about...
- Lemon wedges for fish ~ Fresh lemon squeezed on seafod is so yummy and makes it taste a notch better
- Displaying things on easels ~ If you walk around our house, you will see pictures, plaques, plates and other things propped up on display easels - I love using them in decorating
- The swirl of a skirt ~ Being a girl, big flowy skirts are so neat - there's something about spinning around and making your skirt look like an umbrella . I wish we still lived in the days where women wore dresses and pearls...those were the days
- "Amazing Grace" ~ One of the greatest hymns of all time - classic, timeless and so comforting...it always warms my heart
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil ~ A staple in our house and used in a lot of our cooking
- Buying finishing tackle ~ Not something I do, but something my John does...he loves fishing, just doesn't get to do it often enough. He bought some new fishing stuff about a week ago - like a kid in a candy store, he enjoyed looking through it all and picking out a few new things
- Soup & Sandwich meals ~ So simple, but can really hit the spot. There are so many good soup and sandwich combinations
- Unclutterd Rooms ~ Ahhhhhh, bliss...cluttered rooms do not make me happy!
- Home Cooking ~ Eating out is a fun treat and always delicious, but nothing beats "home cooking"...especially good family recipes
- Thank You notes ~ I was taught at a very young age to send thank you notes for all gifts for all occasions and here I am 31 years old and I still send thank you notes for everything. I think it's so important to show appreciation for thoughtfulness - plus it's another way I can hold onto old fashioned "snail mail"
- Squirrel Tails ~ I adore squirrels - they are one of my favorite animals. There are several that play in the tree outside of my office window and I love to watch them . I get excited everytime I see a squirrel and their fluffy tails. I have squirrel pajamas and also a stuffed squirrel named "Sawyer" that's holding a heart that reads "I'm nuts about you" (who do you think gave that to me?)
- Retreating to a Spa ~ This is something I had never done before, but recently John surprised me with a day at the spa. I had a facial, massage, manicure and pedicure - it was AMAZING. I was treated like a queen and felt so nice when I left there...and so relaxed too
- Maraschino Cherries ~ YUM! I could eat a whole jar
- Wraparound Porches ~ These add such comfort and beauty to a home. I love to see them on houses driving by and it's my dream to have a house with one surrounded by magnolia trees
- French Dip Sandwiches ~ Such a tasty sandwich - warm, meaty, cheesy...finger lickin' good! We like making these at home with leftover sliced brisket and provolone cheese
- The Little Things ~ I am a person that is easily pleased so the "little things" in life bring me such happiness
- Downtown Shopping ~ How delightful are the towns that still have neat stores and shops downtown? It's one reason we enjoy Fredericksburg, Texas so much - Main Street is full of neat shops and stores. It reminds me of a simpler time. I was definitely born in the wrong decade
- Kitchen Supply Stores ~ DANGER! DANGER! I'm a kitchen gadget/tool lover so these stores are my toy store. I can't go in one without staying a while and coming out with something perfect to add to my kitchen collection. I'm overwhelmed by all of the kitchen "stuff" and want it all. I should mention there's a kitchen store on Main Street in Fredericksburg - heaven!
- Post-Its ~ What a gift to this Earth! I'm addicted to buying and using post-it notes and I'm not ashamed...they are incredible things. I have them in all sizes, shapes and colors and use them for everything at home and work. Buy my some post-its and I'll be your friend for life - remember how I said I'm easily pleased?
- Hibachi Cooking ~ One of our favorite date night places is a hibachi restaurant and it's SO good. It's entertainment and a delicious meal in one place
- Tulips ~ This is a very special flower to John and I. I discovered a several years ago that tulips mean "You mean everything to me" so we have exchanged them several times throughout our marriage
Have a happy May - until we meet again...