Here are my September things to be happy about...
- Toasting Marshmallows ~ I was just talking with my Mom about this a couple of days ago. These are SO delicious - ooey gooey goodness. I personally like to let mine catch on fire - I really like them toasted!
- Freshly Caught Seafood ~ I love seafood anyway, but when it's freshly caught the flavor is so different and good.
- Organizaitional Savvy ~ It makes me happy that God blessed me with a "know-how" for organizing - it's one of my favorite things to do.
- Fresh Block of Cheddar Cheese ~ I know it's weird, but I heart cheese (as does John) and it's especially nice when it's a fresh new block for cutting and eating - mmm!
- Magazine Subscriptions ~ I subscribe to three magazines and am debating about a fourth and I love when one of them arrives. It's a nice surprise in the mail when you never know when it might show up.
- Clean Baby Smell ~ Who doesn't love this? It's one of the best smells ever!
- Buying Pumpkins for Carving ~ A fun fall activity! We bought a pumpkin this weekend and hopefully can carve it up later this month for Halloween.
- Grade School Memories ~ It's fun every now and again to play "remember when" from when you were back in elementary school.
- "Little Women" ~ This is one of my favorite books of all time. I love the movie (from 1949) and the play as well - such a classic.
- Pepperoni Pizza ~ Quite possible my favorite food...or one of my top favorites. Yum-O!
- Driving with NO Traffic ~ As a person that commutes to work, it's awesome when there is little to no traffic and I have a smooth ride into the office.
- Pay Day ~ Again, who doesn't love this?!
- Falling Asleep Instantly ~ There's nothing like crawling into bed and falling into a deep sleep as soon as your head hits the pillow.
- Music that Lifts Your Mood ~ I love music that really helps lift your spirits and makes you smile.
- Mushrooms Sauteing in Olive Oil ~ My mouth is watering - I love sauted mushrooms (my husband does not - haha).
- Sweater Weather ~ It's the most wonderful time of the year! Sweaters are one of my favorite things to wear - cute and cozy. We aren't quite there, but getting closer. I have all of mine ready to go and even have two new ones to wear.
- Autumn's Explosion of Color ~ One of the best things about autumn is the changing of leaf colors, pumpkins, fall mums - so many warm colors.
- Chili & Corn Bread ~ The is one of the best comfort foods! A pot of chili and a cast iron skillet of corn bread - a perfect fall food combination.
- The Winning Touchdown ~ We are a football family so we find lots of excitement in celebrating that touchdown that wins the game - high school, college and NFL. The Razorbacks had one about two weeks ago right at the end of the game.
- Evenly Flowing Pens ~ I get very annoyed with pens that don't write smoothly so it makes me happy to find a good pen that writes really well.
- Short Work Week ~ I'm very thankful for a good job, but having a day off during the week and a shortened work week is nice!
- Caramel Apples ~ Another tasty treat of fall! I haven't made or had these in so long, but they are tasty. Also, we LOVE the Caramel Apple hand soap from Bath & Body Works - it smells heavenly!
- Getting your Car Washed ~ A clean car makes me very happy. Hey - I said I am easily pleased.
- Cheering Your Team to Victory ~ All sports and all levels, we all have "our teams" and it's so fun to root from them at the game in person or in the comfort of your living room.
- Family Traditions ~ John and I both treasure different family traditions that we grew up with and have made them a part of our life and we have created many of our own family traditions in our seven and a half years of marriage.
I hope you find something to be happy about each and everyday - Happy October!
Until we meet again...