Here are my February things to be happy about...
- A spotless house - Boy do I love a perfectly clean house from top to bottom
- Knowing where everything is - Being insanely organized, this is a given and wonderful
- Penguins diving - John loves penguins and we've seen our share at aquariums - such fun animals
- A fail-proof recipe - One of those classics that you know will be absolutely delicious every single time
- Wind Chimes - I love the sound of these on a back porch or hanging from a storefront
- Reorganizing your desk - I can't get enough...whether at home or at work, it's always nice to give my desk a makeover and re-straightening
- A one-traffic-light town - small towns are so delightful
- A touching Valentine's card - I received such a wonderful one this year you can see here toward the bottom
- Sleeping in - I don't get to do this very often, but man does it feel nice
- Working to music - I have my radio going softly everyday at work at it keeps me going
- Getting under a blanket - I love the warmth of a snuggly blanket and always keep one nearby
- Much-needed relief - Getting help with something, taking a break, having a day off, finishing a big task or project...anything that calms things down and relives some stress
- Tomato Juice - I love tomato juice, but I don't buy it at home, however I always get in when I fly on a plane...that or ginger ale - strange, but I love those two drinks when I fly
- Milk and cookies - is there any explanation needed? What is better than warm chocolate chip cookies and cold milk for dunking?
- Batter and frosting bowls - I grew up licking beaters, spatulas and leftovers in the bowl with all the baking around me and I still do it to this day...John loves it too!
- Quilters - I have such admiration for women who quilt - it's such a wonderful talent and quilts are treasures. I hate that it's an art that seems to be fading, but quilts hold such wonderful memories...plus quilting and sewing remind me of my grandmothers
- Stationery stores - I have a deep drawer full of stationery, cards, post cards, note cards...you name it, I LOVE stationery!
- Blowing a kiss - As John stands and waves to me when I leave for work every morning, he blows me a kiss or two - perfect way to say goodbye for the day
- Delicious aromas from the kitchen - Yum...the smell of something good cooking or baking
- An early start - I'm more of an "early bird" and work better in the mornings...while it's nice to sleep in from time to time there's nothing like getting an early start on a day
- A new car smell - I think everyone loves this smell
- All-day pajamas - We've had a few Saturdays where we've stayed in our pajamas or lounge clothes all day - so very comfy
- Turkey and dressing - Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Obviously this reminds me of that special day...plus I love it eat it and make it!
- Sunday naps - We usually take a nap every single Sunday, pretty soon after lunch. Some our longer than others, but it's so nice and relaxing on a Sunday afternoon
Have a great first week of March - Easter is just about a month away!
Until we meet again...