Here are my January things to be happy about...
- A Terrific Hair Day - What a perfect start to any girl's day
- A Warm Cocoon of Blankets - I love to snuggle up in blankets
- A Warmed-Up Car - Every single morning, John starts my car for me so it's nice and toasty when I get in to drive to work
- Short Naps - I'm not one to take long naps, but sometimes a short recharge is great
- A Glassed-In Sun Porch - My grandparents had one of these and I have so many wonderful memories of being on their back porch and playing in the backyard
- Fruits of your Labors - How rewarding to work so hard on something and enjoy the finished product
- Tomato Soup in Mugs - MMMMM ~ so creamy and warm
- New Products at the Grocery Store - I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff ~ I love grocery shopping and trying all sorts of new things
- Warm, Fluffy Towels - Not only does John warm up the car for me, but when I get in the shower he throws my towel in the dryer and when he hears the shower turn off, he brings me my warm towel...he's the best
- Bread Fresh from the Oven - Oh my, what a smell and so tasty with cold butter
- A Love You Can Count On - The love John and I share - solid as a rock!
- Gift-Giving - As much as I love to receive gifts, I think I love giving them even more
- The Smell of Popcorn - We pop our popcorn on the stove - YUMMY! The smell of it sends Calvin racing into the kitchen
- Homemade Chicken Pot Pie - A cozy meal that I love to cook AND eat
- A Laughing Couple - Not a day passes that John and I aren't laughing about something ~ we have oodles of fun together
- A Potluck Dinner - Don't you love these at church? A buffet of deliciousness
- Weekend Clothes - As I type this I'm wearing a t-shirt and fuzzy, fleece pants ~ ahh, the comfort. I like to dress up, but it's nice to take a break from "work clothes"
- Indulging Your Organizational Compulsions - If you know me well, you know that I'm an organizational freak so any organization project brings a smile to my face
- Reruns of Favorite TV Shows - Takes you back to the "good ol' days" when TV was wonderful
- Coffee Beans Grinding - The smell in the house is divine and knowing a cup of hot coffee is on it's way ~ fabulous
- Neatly Made Beds - I don't love making the bed, but I do love looking in a room and seeing it all nicely made
- Cookies in the Oven - This may be one of the best things ever ~ warm cookies and milk
- Dog-Ear Softness - Calvin has his ears played with constantly and they are soft as can be
- Hummingbirds - John gets excited when he sees hummingbirds and that makes me happy
- Stories Behind Photos - I really enjoy knowing all of the stories that a picture tells...the when, who, where, why ~ they truly capture memories
- Lighting a Candle in Church - Such peace and calm ~ especially with a lit candle on Christmas Eve singing "Silent Night"
- A Bride in White - Is there anything more beautiful than a bride on her wedding day?
Speaking of a bride, something bringing me happiness today is knowing that I am 9 days away from celebrating the day my groom and I were married ~ 7 amazing years! One last thing...this is my 100th blog post! I sure have enjoyed doing this blog ~ sharing our life with you.
I hope that you find something to be happy about each and everyday. Life is precious and we take so much for granted! I am looking forward to gathering my favorites from February ~ have a wonderful weekend.
Until we meet again...